Monday, December 10, 2007

The Boot!

Well here is the long awaited picture of my famous BOOT! For those of you that don't know, I ripped my fasha. I have no idea how to spell it except O-U-C-H!! I have planter faciatus and bone spurs in both my feet and have been trying to not have surgery. If I had surgery I would have to be off of each foot for 6 weeks! So you see why I have been putting off the surgery. Well with my luck, as I was carrying some heavy stuff last saturday, I felt something rip in my foot. I went to see my doctor 3 days later, hey we were moving and I didn't have time, and he told me what had happened. Basically I had the surgery without the surgery. So it was a good thing. But now I have to wear this boot for at least a month and put absolutely no pressure on my foot when the boot is off. Then I have to wear it on the other foot for a few weeks to hopefully relieve pressure from that foot because I am having to use it to walk the most. So that's what's going on with me right now. And as you can tell from my picture I am THRILLED to have the boot.




1 comment:

Emily said...

That stinks! I bruised my Plantar Fascia and had to wear the boot but only at night, and 6 months of physical therapy which was actually enjoyable. If your sore on your other foot they often did an ice massage which felt great - I'll call you with details