Monday, December 1, 2008

Oh Turkey Day!!!

We had a great Thanksgiving. We have no family here, so it was very relaxing and we did everything on our own time table. Akoni went to the Turkey Bowl in the morning, and while he was gone I threw the Turkey in the oven. When it was done I made the potatoes and stuffing, luckily I had thought ahead and made the salads and desserts the day before, and then when everything was done....we ate! We had one friend Earl come over since he has no family here either, and that was it! After we ate, we all took naps, then had some pie and turkey sandwiches later! I think it was one of the most enjoyable Thanksgivings ever. I do miss not seeing family, but I stayed in my pajamas all day, and you can't really show up at Grandma's house in your P.Js!!






I love to make Turkeys! I used an oven bag this year which I have never done, thanks Sarah, and it turned out really nice. I didn't have to scrape clean my roasting pan!! Akoni did a great job carving the turkey!








I made a homemade pumpkin pie and it was sooooo good!








The "Turkey Sliders" that we had later in the day with leftover Turkey! MMMMMMMmmmmmmm soooooo goooood!!!




I hope everyone else had a Great Thanksgiving!!

1 comment:

Marissa said...

My mouth is watering all over again looking at your Thanksgiving dinner. My absolute favorite part is the turkey sandwiches later on! YUMMY!