Thursday, August 11, 2011

First Day of School!!

Yesterday was the kids first day of school!! Yes, I know we start early, but honestly I could not have done another month of summer......and the kids were sooooo ready to go back. Adriann had her backpack packed about 3 weeks ago and the day before school she woke up super early and started packing her lunch. I had to tell her that she had to wait or her sandwich would be soggy!

We put both kids in our local elementary this year and it's only 1 mile away, so we are walking everyday that we can. Which means as long as it's not raining, we will walk! It's been nice for 2 days so far. We have a friend that we meet on the corner and walk with her and her two kids. There are a few more moms that live around us that we are trying to convince to walk with us, but it's not looking too promising. I even got new shoes since my podiatrist said that my shoes were horrible and not helping my foot problems. So after my 3rd cortisone shot today I got some new shoes and 4 miles later my foot is numb and feeling good!!

Here are the annual first day of school by the door with the backpack pictures.




1 comment:

Sheri said...

Just looking at your kids pictures makes me all nostalgic for going back to school. I remember the new backpacks and going that first day....and the smell of new school supplies!