Monday, May 16, 2011

Welcome Monica Leilani Ganir

*oops, I forgot to put where we got her name, Monica is Akoni's Dad's mom's name and we have loved it and have been waiting for another girl so we could use the name!*

Our baby decided that she didn't want to turn around so we scheduled my c-section for Thursday the 12th at 12:30. It turned out to be a good thing because she ended up having the cord wrapped around her neck 2 times, so there's no way that I was going to be able to deliver this baby naturally. I got there and was all checked in and hooked up to the iv and an emergency c-section came in so I was bumped till 3, bummer. So we had to just sit and wait for 2 hours, very boring.


Akoni all suited up and ready to go into the room!
Once I got wheeled into the delivery room everything happened pretty fast. It was interesting getting my epidural and not being in labor! Usually I'm in so much pain and I can't wait for it to kick in, but this time I was in no pain and felt the whole thing. It didn't hurt, but it was weird and then I felt as pretty much my whole lower body became numb! Then I was draped up the Dr. just started getting the baby out. She ended up being born at 3:29pm and weighed 8lbs and was 20in long.

Akoni with baby Monica for the first time.
I had to sit in recovery for about an hour and then got wheeled into my room. A little bit later all the kids came. They were sooooo excited!! Kamden kept yelling: Mommy Mommy look baby baby! And yes Adriann is ecstatic to finally have a sister!


Yeah I look absolutely horrible, but I hadn't had a good night sleep in like a week and then had gotten sick twice that day with all the anesthesia, stress and anticipation of the whole thing, so it's okay that I look like I do, it's pretty much what I felt like!!
Akoni was able to stay with me the first night because a couple in our ward stayed over night with the kids and then he had to leave in the morning to get the kids to school. That was a rocky first night just trying to figure everything out and it's a totally different recovery for me. I don't think I got out of that bed for 2 days!
I had some wonderful visitors while I was in the hospital. So thanks to all that stopped by! I was especially lucky one night to have a friend call and say she was coming to spend the night with me and literally stayed up the whole night rocking the baby and just handing her to me when she needed to eat! I actually got some sleep that night and it was wonderful!


Baby girl! Isn't she beautiful? I didn't realize that c-section babies aren't all puffy when they are born.

Now we are all just trying to get adjusted to life with a newborn again. So far she is the 50th Great Grand child on my side of the family, the 7th grand child on my side, and the 22nd grand child on Akoni's side of the family!

11 comments:

Susanne said...

Awwww! Congrats! She is so adorable!!

Mom and Dad G said...

I think she is the 54th or 55th great grandchild of Grandma and Grandpa Jordan. She is beautiful and looks just like her brothers with her eyes closed. Love Mom Ganir

Marissa said...

Congratulations Kim and Akoni! Such a beautiful baby and a beautiful name! How did you come up with it? Family name? Just a favorite? Good luck on your c-section recovery. Hopefully you have lots of willing helpers to support you right now at the beginning. :)

DianeM said...

What a beautiful little girl! I was dying to find out what you had...I almost started harassing April, but I decided against it. Congratulations!!

Brittany said...

Oh wow she is precious! What a cute baby! I love her name and I'm so happy for adriann that she has a little sister. Sisters are the best! Congrats! I hope you recover quick and are able to get some sleep! :)

April said...

Yay! I'm so glad it went good. Take it easy. The house and kids can be neglected for a short time. She's only this little once. Wish I could be there to help!

Emily K. said...

Oh, Kim, she is absolutely beautiful! Congratulations! Too bad you had a have a C-Section, but, I'm glad that you had it scheduled, instead of going through all of labor, and then having one. Good luck adjusting, and make sure you let people help you! Taylee would Love Love Love a sister. Wish there was some sort of guarantee. . .

Emily K. said...

Kim, she's absolutely adorable! I'm so glad everything went well. Not fun to have a C-Section, but, I'm glad you didn't have to go through all of labor, and then have one. Taylee would love a sister too. Just wish I could guarantee that. . . Congratulations, and take care, and let people help you!!

Shane Ganir said...

She is gorgeous! What a beautiful baby! Congrats! and you finally got to use a name you love! :) hope your recovery goes well! love you guys!

Jennifer said...

Congrats, Kim. What a beautiful family!

Jen said...

I know I said this in person before she left, but she is just gorgeous! (And I'm only just now getting to reading the blogs I follow... I've got lots of catching up to do!) I didn't know she had the cord around her neck. That's so scary when that happens! I delivered two babies like that. Jonathan had it wrapped twice (his delivery took a while because of it) and Benjamin had it wrapped once. They were both pretty blue when they were born and Benjamin didn't cry at first. But otherwise okay. I guess it's inevitable when you've got an active baby and you are short like we are. No room for them to avoid it!