Sunday, December 25, 2011

All 6 of us got sick......

Friday was probably the worst day/night of our entire lives. I got super sick in the afternoon and could not stop throwing up. At first we thought that I had gotten a little over zealous with my pain medication, but then Kamden started throwing up. So I was basically done for and crawled into bed, because I was so weak and couldn't use my crutches. Then Kenyon woke up screaming in the middle of the night because he had puked all over Kamden and their whole bed. So Akoni had to bathe the kids, did about 4 loads of laundry and didn't get to bed till 4am! Then Saturday comes and Adriann starts throwing up, Akoni gets sick and Monica keeps blowing out her diapers every hour! What a mess. Then last night Akoni had to stay up and put together some presents for the kids. The poor guy, I feel so bad for him. He feels aweful and I am unable to carry anything, so he has to keep getting me things and taking care of all the puking kids.

I am finding it hard to get in the Christmas Spirit with all of this going on. Such bad timing to get surgery, but who knew that we would all be sick at the same time?

We were very lucky to have my good friend Lisa run to the store for us and get us Apple Juice, Apple sauce, crackers, chicken noodle soup, and Gatorade. Such a life savor. At lease everyone was able to keep that down yesterday. And we had some friends drop off cookies so we had to use those for our Santa cookies. None of us felt well enough to bake cookies for Santa. How sad is that?

I am hoping that today, Christmas, will go a lot smoother and that no one will be sick.

Like my Mom and Mother-in-Law said, this will definitely be a Christmas that we will remember forever!

No comments: