Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Kenyon's Birthday





Well I had to get this posted before February. Kenyon had his 3rd birthday on the 26th. I cannot believe that he is 3!!! Well here are some pictures of his birthday. He is Obsessed with "Ghost Pirates" as he calls them, it's from a Scooby Doo episode where the mystery is solving who the "Ghost Pirates" are. He LOVES them. So he wanted a Pirate themed birthday. It's weird that he actually has an opinion about that kind of thing. Is he old enough to care? Yes he is aparently. WEll Akoni and I made his cake, and it was sooo much fun. I hated cutting into it because it was so fun to make and looked so cute!

4 comments:

Ilene said...

So cute! I am going to do a pirate cake for Jackson this year but I don't know if it will end up looking as cute as yours.

Um, could you tell me the formula for making kids with that reddish brown color of hair? I LOVE it. I think a baby of mine should have it too.

Emily said...

Kim, seriously you should go into business making birthday cakes! That one is awesome!

April said...

Nice job Kimmy! Aliyah's birthday is coming up, and I don't know if my cake will be as worthy as yours to post for everyone to see. You're so fun, I wish we could still live by each other. I feel like you're the only one that feels as strongly about making our kids birthday cakes. When I tell some of my other friends, they look at me like I'm stupid.

Mom and Dad G said...

I finally had to break down and and try and make a chocolate cake. The Hershey's can recipe is what I used. I used the frosting recipe as well.I made it to take to a district meeting for some elders. Of course Dad said, "Don't put frosting on it" and of course I did. In the end, he couldn't stop eating it. My stove is a step up from a camping stove. It has a really small gas oven with no thermostat temperature setting.So all a big guess. I have to just watch the oven temp guage that I put in the oven to see how hot is is, then open the door when it gets to hot and close it when it goes below the mark. I had to make a spoon rizer at one end of the pan because it would have been a very lopsided cake if I didn't. Besides that,the door wouldn't close unless I raised it up on one end of the cake pan.The cake was not so beautiful but sure tasted great. The American elders were licking their fingers.ANYWAY, when ever we make a cake for someone we love, do it well. Great job Kim and Akoni and to April on your BD cakes. Love Mom