Friday, May 7, 2010

I did it!!

So today for our Friday run, my "trainer" Heather and I went to Carmel to run where our 5K will be in a few weeks. I was so nervous! I figured that I could lag behind with someone else and she would be powering ahead with the faster girls. Well it didn't turn out like that. It was only me and Heather! And I did it! I ran the whole thing! I didn't think I could do it, but honestly I knew I would have to because I was with Heather, and there was no way I was going to walk with her around. It's great having her there to motivate me. I am doing something that I never thought in a million years I would be doing. We ran 3.57 miles on my watch, but I think it needs to be callibrated, and when we clocked it on her car it was actually like 3.2 miles. But still, I did it and I didn't die, or walk, or barf or pass out, so I'm pretty proud of myself!

So anyone out there, if I can do it, you can!

3 comments:

Anita said...

Kim you are awesome!!! I have never been much of a runner either, but I am working on it. I got up to 4 miles! I wish I had a great running partner though...you are lucky. Good job and keep going!!

Marissa said...

Good job! That's a really big accomplishment! Getting into running is tough, but once you do a longer run you feel so good about yourself. :)

Emily K. said...

Way to go, Kim!! Wish we lived closer. We could go running together.